Friday, January 30, 2015 at 12:15 am
Home improvements can be done inside and outside the home. Some are made purely for aesthetic purposes whereas some are designed for convenience, storage, or security purposes. Regardless of the reason on why you have home improvement stuff done on your home, what matters is they have a purpose and that you are happy about it. Here are some basement home improvement projects you may want to consider having.
- Guest Room Platform – adding a platform area on the guest room provides you with vital storage space for your home. Since the bedroom will be rarely used, you can keep many of the stuff you want to hide inside the platform storage area. This gives the room a little bit of function when it is not being used. The best part is that it is easily usable when a guest comes in as all your stuffs are neatly tucked away inside the platform.
- Hidden Room – you do not have to create a hidden room during construction to have a hidden room. Simply have a door fashioned into a bookshelf with matching frames and stuff so that it gives the illusion that it is a bookshelf. Although it only goes to a regular room, the fact that it is somewhat concealed helps to keep the room hidden from regular people.
- Private Balcony – as the owner of the home, you deserve to have your own spot. Having a personal balcony on the master bedroom provides you that spot you need when you want to relax and feel the open air. Since the balcony is accessible only from the master’s bedroom, it gives you the privacy and seclusion from other family members of the home.
- Deck Bar – if your home has a deck area, why not add some planks on the rails of the deck so that it serves as both bar and eating area as well. The plank can be decorated accordingly so that it matches the theme of the deck. Basically, the plank with act as a bar table for your deck area.
- Baseboard Storage – most baseboard on kitchen cabinets are not being utilized. Why not turn the baseboard into pullout cabinets so you can have more storage space in your kitchen area.
Categories: Home Improvement